1. Clear your Browser Cache (if you need to know how, click here!)
2. Make sure the "Email Sound Alert" is ON.
3. Make sure your sound is turned ON/UP. (Hopefully you have speakers and they are plugged in).
4. Read the following if you are using any of the following browsers:
- AOL - Upgrade to a real browser. We do not support AOL at all. If it works, that's amazing.
- Internet Explorer V8 and below. Install or Update FLASH PLAYER to a supported version (see below.
- Safari V4 and below. Install or Update FLASH PLAYER to a supported version (see below).
- Firefox V8 and below. Install or Update FLASH PLAYER to a supported version (see below).
- Chrome V15 and below. Apply Chrome Maintenance to upgrade to a HTML5 supported version. If you cannot upgrade Chrome for some reason, follow the FLASH instructions below
- Opera V10 and below. Apply Opera Maintenance to go upgrade to a HTML5 supported supported version. If you cannot upgrade Opera for some reason, follow the FLASH instructions below.
As a result, EVERYONE not running a current browser (one of the above listed versions) must now install and keep up to date FLASH Player from Adobe.
This is especially true for Internet Explorer users stuck on Windows XP because Microsoft offers no option for WinXP users to upgrade to IE9 (WinXP users can always go to Firefox, Safari, Opera or Chrome.. but that is for another day).
If you not sure if you have FLASH PLAYER installed, goto:
You can verify the installed version of FLASH and upgrade to a supported release if necessary.
Keeping FLASH Player current if you must use an older browser is important.
Hopefully buy following these suggestions, you can resolve 99% of the Email Alert "OINK Sound" issues you may be having.